Like every life story, this too ends in bitterness and everyone will blame it on fate. Yes… It is easy, fast, not here, pull the cover over and sleep.
He met an old man when he was about fifteen. The man died not long after our boy found himself a girl and fell in a terrible love. Why terrible? You’d ask. He couldn’t find a single dust of courage inside him to tell her anything. The man and the boy were two unique stargazers. They strengthened their friendship on nights with clear sky in a place with pure whites and pure blacks, and the greyest stories by the telescope. He was just learning about the stars at the time but the man was searching for a place in the universe where to go after his death. The boy knew nothing about the man’s final plan, he was to busy learning about the sky to observe the rusted soul of his old friend.
– I have met a girl, sir.
– Tell me about her.
While the man was observing the light forms trough the telescope the boy described his girl and for every of his metaphor towards love the man had a Greek tragedy to tell in the mirror.
– You see… my good young friend. You experience nothing new in the universe. This universe is build on tragedies like love.
– Why is love a tragedy?
– It hurts! The answer came unnaturally fast and gave the boy an unsettling feeling in the throat. Love has more connections with pain than it has with happiness. Love has a short life, you fight for it after you loose it – useless fight if you ask me -, curse the world and this universe (pointing his eyes towards the sky) and you lower yourself to hell with a bottle of whisky in your hand.
– How about sex?
– I guess you could answer this one for yourself. Pushing your penis inside of a woman. This is more of a concept than a mechanical movement.
– How come?
Come here, take a look trough the telescope. That is Venus. She is hot, poisonous, speeds the other way around the sun unlike all the other planets in our solar system. Venus is the planet representing desire, love, beauty, hell and all things worth dying over a second of pure pleasure. When you enter a woman you might feel your brain deserting your skull and running inside the woman’s black hole trough your penis.
– Hahaha! Don’t worry. Your brain will come back eventually. It comes back with poison, fire, new plans, more desires, and most important, it wants to go back in the hole. Love and Venus are more of a tragedy than a smooth ride to your day of end. She likes the explosions happening all over inside her and she is hooked on that feeling. My young friend, love is like birth and sex is like breathing. The young man was quiet for the rest of that night. He was watching the stars with his naked eyes and his mind was traveling emotionless passing by planets, moons, stars, supernovae, space dust, spaceships, clouds, cities, bars and stops at his girl who was laughing with her girlfriends in the school’s back yard.
Days passed. Nights too. The boy dug himself into an emotional hole and drowned there in his own fears. He gave up. The stars disappeared, his friend died alone… they threw him in a hole in the ground just as he was found: no coffin, no people to say goodbye, not even a drop of rain from mother nature. The boy and the man were both in the same situation but one of them was still breathing. One night the boy found a desire and was able to climb out of his dark hole.
That night it was raining. The boy dug out his friend’s body and placed it on top ground and laid beside him. All eyes closed, the rain gave them one hour to talk. And they did. It wasn’t anything important but both of them were happy to be in each other’s company and never thought about the passing of time. Before the end a silhouette paced towards them, deformed by rain droplets and a faint yellowish light from candle lights. It was her, the girl he loved. They all stand now and the rain has stopped. The man and the boy felt the end of their time together and said goodbye to each other, hugged and smile. The man made a few steps back into a space lit by a big candle. His beautiful smile stopped the time.
The boy kissed her…
– It is time for you to go.
She fallowed the man and the candle light disappeared. The boy was now alone… he turned back and left. Every step of his left impressions in the wet ground and rain collected them all behind him.